Steve, the leader of a local gang apprehends a neo-Nazi skinhead in a park, because he has attacked two of his black teenage friends in a nearby alley. The police arrive and take statements from Steve and the two boys. Malcolm, the skinhead, lies unconscious. As we work backwards through the story we realise that perhaps the boys aren’t telling the whole truth and things may not be as simple as they appear. Written and directed by Timothy Smith. Produced by Jana Riedel. Director of Photography: Adrian Brown. Editor & colourist: Samuel Martin. Sound design by Christiano Sossi.
- Festivals: Sydney Mardi Gras Film Festival; Melbourne Queer Film Festival; Miami LGFF; Nashville Film Festival; Pink Apple Film Festival, Switzerland; Toronto Lesbian and Gay Film and Video Festival; Out Takes Festival, New Zealand; Brussels LGFF; Sacramento LGFF; Dinard Film Festival, France; Bloomington Indiana GLFF; Madrid LGFF; Pryzmat Film Festival, Warsaw
- London Short Film Festival; London Lesbian & Gay Film Festival; East End FF, London; Frameline San Francisco ILGFF; Philadelphia LGFF; Milan LGFF; Barcelona GLFF; Oslo LGFF; Los Angeles International Short Film Festival; Closet Cinema Southwest GLFF; Austin GLIFF; Reel Affirmations Washington DC IGLFF; Reel Pride Michigan; Seattle LGFF; Raindance Film Festival, London; Australian International FF; Verzaubert IFF, Munich; Hamburg LGFF; Mix Brasil Film Festival; Montreal LGFF; Encounters Bristol ISFF; Netherlands ILGFF
- Queens International Film Festival, New York
- Winner: Capital FX Short Film Award 2006
- Winner: Best Short Film Award - 2006 Oslo Lesbian & Gay Film Festival
- Winner: Best Short Film Award - 2007 Pryzmat Film Festival Warsaw
- ATTACK is represented by the Canadian Filmmakers Distribution Centre: https://www.cfmdc.org/film/3087