QUEERING DI TEKNOLOJIK is a message from the future. The film is a companion piece to QUEER BABEL (2018) and utilises the same artificial intelligence digital voice software, except this time I have ‘queered the machine’ by training the AI with multiple voices. I worked with a group of other queer artists and activists, not only on the creation of the digital voice, but in deciding what we wanted the voice to say. We speculated about the possibilities of a temporality yet to come and created a whole backstory about the future and how humanity arrived there, which then informed the script. What does the future look, sound and feel like? Have they managed to overcome the challenges of climate change and avert the impending environmental catastrophe? Did they succeed in dismantling the white supremacist capitalist patriarchy and finally achieve equality for all? Which strategies of protest and resistance were the most effective? This is a message of hope.
- Festivals: The Queer Archive Festival, Athens; Ann Arbor Film Festival, Michigan; BFI Flare Film Festival, London.
- University screening: LCC Screen School Public Programme - London College of Communication
- Guest lecture: Pop-up common room: ‘Putting PhD Practice at the Centre of the Conversation’. - London College of Communication
- Conference: Sound::Gender::Feminism::Activism (SGFA) – Tokyo
- Festivals: BFI London Film Festival; Fringe! Queer Film Fest; image+nation Festival Film LGBTQueer Montréal
- Nominated for the Best Short Film Award - BFI London Film Festival 2019
- Winner of the 'George Manupelli Founder’s Spirit Award' at Ann Arbor Film Festival.